On April 8, 2022
When it comes to running a roofing contracting business, you need to keep tabs on every aspect of your company. This means you need to have roofing contractor software that can help you manage every aspect of your business.
A good ERP software can help you effectively track business transactions, manage inventory, and keep tabs on customers. It can also help you manage your company from different departments from one central location.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss what makes a good ERP software for roofing contractors, and which software might be right for you
Finding The Best ERP Software for Roofing Contractors
If you’re wondering what makes a good ERP software for roofing contractors, we’ll get to that in a second. Before we dive into the details, let’s discuss the types of software that are out there and why you might want to choose one over the other.
There are three main types of software that you can use for your roofing contracting business: Back-office, CRM, and ERP. The back-office software handles your day-to-day operations and processes. This can include invoicing customers and collecting payments, managing your bids and estimating and scheduling jobs.
CRM software, meanwhile, is primarily focused on marketing. It can help you track leads and sales, manage your marketing campaigns, and report on your sales and profits.
ERP software is more like accounting software. It will help you track your assets, track your expenses, manage your inventory, and report on your profitability and financials. ERP is also commonly referred to as the “end-stage” software for roofing contractors, as by the time you get around to implementing these features, you’ve created a fully comprehensive software package that runs every minute detail of your business.
Software for Roofers: TrackVia
With over 3,000 customers and growing, TrackVia is one of the highest-rated and loved low-code/no-code platforms for roofing contractors. TrackVia gives your roofing business the power to create fully custom apps without having to worry about code, servers, or ongoing maintenance.
One thing we love about TrackVia is that it has a cloud-based ecosystem. This means that anyone who has access to your TrackVia account, including your employees, will be able to access their data anywhere in the world. This means that you don’t have to worry as much as you might with other software where data is stored directly on a server in your office.
Another great thing about TrackVia is that it’s easier to get started. The setup process is straightforward, and there’s a tutorial for new users to help them get up and running quickly. TrackVia partners, like Hartmann Industries, offer fully managed consulting, implementation, and support services to help identify operational bottlenecks, build apps to streamline operations, and train employees.
Derive Value From Your Investment
It’s important that you have a good software for roofing contractors in order to effectively run a roofing contracting business. One of the best ways to do this is to aim to implement ERP software that comes with robust features. A good ERP system should have all of the features that will help you manage your business.
The roofing contractor software should be easy to use and integrate with your third-party systems and data. Consider if the ERP platform has integrations with your vendors and analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics. It should also be easy to set up and get up and running – easy data importing is a must. The best software will allow you to start using it right away without having to spend a lot of time getting it up and running (which is why we recommend the low-code platform TrackVia).
When choosing roofing contractor software, it’s also important to consider the cost of ownership. Over time, you’re going to have to spend money on licenses, maintenance, and support fees. The best software will have a low overall cost of ownership and a long lifespan. If your software doesn’t have a long support lifespan, you’ll have to spend a lot of money on maintenance and support in the long run.
Key Features to Look For
One thing to keep in mind when you’re choosing a software for roofing contractors is to make sure that it has all of the features that you need. A roofing contractor software should have all of the following:
- Cloud-based or hybrid – You should choose a software that’s cloud-based or hybrid. This will allow you to host it wherever you want and manage it with any device. There should be no need for you to be tied down to a single device.
- Connectivity – It’s important that your software is easy to connect to your existing systems. You might want to choose a software that can integrate with your ERP software and accounting software.
- Data security – A good software is going to have robust data security features. This will help protect your data from being hacked, stolen, or misused.
- Scalability – It’s important that your software is scalable. This will allow you to expand your business as you grow.
- Easy to manage – It’s important that your software is easy to manage. You’re going to be managing this software on a regular basis, so you don’t want it to be difficult.
A low-code platform such as TrackVia meets all these requirements:
- TrackVia is cloud-based, which means you can access it from anywhere. You can use any mobile device or desktop computer to connect, and you don’t need to be tied down to a single device.
- TrackVia allows you to integrate with your existing systems. It has integrations with Salesforce, QuickBooks, Google Apps, Zendesk, and more. You can also build custom TrackVia integrations with their Open API.
- TrackVia is infinitely scalable, and you’ll have access to unlimited cloud storage. You can have unlimited records in TrackVia.
- TrackVia has robust data security features that help keep your data safe from hackers and other threats. It encrypts all of your data so that only authorized users can see it, and you have complete control over who’s able to access what information. TrackVia is SOC2 Type II certified, an industry standard for security assessments.
- TrackVia is affordable, with a basic plan starting at $500/month for up to 5 users.
- TrackVia is very easy to manage since there are no code skills required at all in order to use it. You simply create forms using drag-and-drop tools that let you build them within.
You’re going to need solid software for roofing contractors to effectively manage your company. Make sure to choose the best one possible. A good software should be easy to set up, scalable, and come with robust features. It should also allow you to seamlessly connect to your existing systems and data.
Good software will help you effectively run your business, allowing you to track transactions, manage inventory, and keep track of customers. It should be easy to set up and have all of the features that you need.
Finally, make sure to choose the best software possible. Good software should be easy to set up, scalable, and have robust features. It should also allow you to seamlessly connect to your existing systems and data.