On July 14, 2022
The robust endpoint security solution known as Sophos Intercept-X provides a significant amount of protection against ransomware as well as other types of cyberattacks. However, the cost of maintaining a membership to use this program might be rather high. But does the price of Sophos Intercept-X justify the benefits it provides?
In this article, we will discuss what Intercept-X is, how it operates, the many price plans and features that it offers, and the reasons why you should think about purchasing Sophos Intercept-X. Let’s get started without further ado!
Introduction to Intercept X
The leading Endpoint Security solution from Sophos, Intercept X, minimizes the attack surface and stops attackers in their course. Using anti-exploit, anti-ransomware, deep learning AI, and control technologies, it stops threats before they can have an effect on your system. When it comes to protecting endpoints, Intercept X doesn’t rely just on one security strategy.
With a unique combination of next-generation approaches, Intercept X has been proved to protect against even the most advanced ransomware and malware threats. You can block ransomware with Sophos anti-ransomware technology and deny attacker tools with signatureless exploit prevention, all while detecting previously unseen malware with deep learning. Root cause analysis and malware eradication are also included in Intercept X to ensure that no attack leftovers are left behind.
How does Sophos Intercept X work?
Deep learning technology, an advanced kind of machine learning, is able to detect and remove complex malware, even if it has never been seen before. For example, Sophos’ deep learning malware detection engine matches “DNA” to known malware and identifies risks that would otherwise go unnoticed if they weren’t discovered.
With Intercept X’s powerful anti-ransomware capabilities, ransomware may be prevented by detecting and blocking the malicious encryption processes utilized in ransomware attacks. Data that has been decrypted will be restored in an effort to minimize the impact on company operations.
Attackers rely on exploit techniques to get access to devices, steal passwords, and distribute malware. Anti-exploit technology blocks these approaches. Intercept X protects your company from fileless attacks and zero-day vulnerabilities by preventing the methodologies employed along the attack chain.
Features and pricing
Sophos Intercept X has a number of features that work hard to defend you from malicious cyberattacks, including:
• Endpoint detection and response (EDR), which automatically identifies and prioritizes possible threats and concentrates its efforts on determining which systems are at risk.
• Extended and response (XDR), which incorporates cross-product data sources and goes beyond the endpoint.
• File protection and automatic recovery with an anti-ransomware function.
• Deep learning technology that can identify both known and unknown malware kinds.
• Exploit prevention, which prevents attackers from distributing malware, stealing passwords, and evading detection by preventing exploits and tactics.
• Managed threat response, which entails a dedicated team of threat hunters and response professionals acting on your behalf to neutralize even the most complex threats.
• Active adversary mitigations feature prevents persistence on machines, protects credentials, and detects malicious traffic.
• Centralized management, allowing you to administer the software and its features from a single location.
• With synchronized security, Sophos products can automatically share data and respond to threats.
Let us now turn our attention to price. Sophos exclusively offers Intercept X solutions through its partner channels, which means that Sophos’ website does not provide any pricing information. According to company representatives, Intercept X’s annual subscription prices range from $20.00 to $40.00 per user, depending on the features chosen. Service and support costs may be tacked on by value-added resellers.
Why should you consider using Sophos Interception X?
To keep up with today’s most modern cyber threats, traditional antivirus is no longer sufficient. The most recent protections, such as machine learning and anti-ransomware protection, are required to fight today’s current threats. Intercept X has it all, and here are our top five reasons to get it:
- To counter the most recent attacks, you’ll benefit from enhanced security measures.
- It’s never been easier to manage all of Sophos’ security products.
- Using Sophos Central to move your security to the cloud will save you both time and money.
- It provides a security solution that may evolve with your organization’s requirements.
- Sophos Synchronized Security is a quicker and smarter security solution that you can use to your advantage.
After reading about all of the features that we have described above, one thing is clear: Sophos Intercept X is definitely something that you should consider purchasing. When it comes to protecting our businesses from cyberattacks, we all want the best level of security possible, and it is abundantly evident that Sophos possesses the most effective tool available. Therefore, pick a plan and get started with it!