On August 3, 2022
Sales tax is a necessary evil. Sales tax rates and quarterly reports may be a hassle for anybody who offers products or services to organizations. However, it doesn’t have to be. AvaTax is here to simplify your life.
An all-in-one sales tax management tool, AvaTax covers everything from calculating and submitting taxes to updating and monitoring your rates in more than 120 jurisdictions. Because AvaTax handles all of your tax-related paperwork and time-consuming duties, you don’t have to. Learn more about how AvaTax may help you in this beginner’s guide.
One size fits all
AvaTax is available for use by businesses of all sizes. It is essential to have accurate tax preparation, so please keep up reading for information on the services that Avalara offers to companies:
Sales tax returns, registrations, and computations may all be simplified with Avalara for Small Businesses. Automated chores can help you streamline your tax-related activities. Just how does it all work, you might ask? Let’s find out:
- Prebuilt interfaces with popular platforms like Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, and more are available for AvaTax customers. Bringing in data has never been this simple before!
- Avalara’s ongoing research allows you to apply updated tax rates across countries, based on product taxation, sales tax holidays, and changing laws. When the time comes to register and begin collecting taxes from new states, you will be informed.
- Avalara can assist you in keeping track of when returns are due in each jurisdiction, regardless of how frequently you submit your taxes.
- If you use a system that is hosted on the cloud, you won’t have to worry about making an investment in new gear, performing maintenance, or upgrading. You have access to tax records at any time, whether you are in the office or out of the office. You are also able to generate thorough sales tax reports, calculate nexus responsibilities, and gather papers and reports for auditors.
- As all small firms expand, taxes will most certainly get more difficult. It’s easy to stay in compliance with Avalara products since they’re customizable and built to function together. Cross-border compliance solutions, advanced tax research, and specialized products for specific taxes, such as excise, consumer use, communications, and more, are all part of the expanded capability set.
When it comes to pricing, Avalara offers two options for small businesses:
- A Basic package starting at $19 per month – with this option you can automate your sales tax return process with the Avalara Returns for Small Business.
- If you wish to combine Avalara AvaTax and Returns for Small Business to help improve sales tax accuracy and simplify returns management, then the Standard package is the way to go. The fee starts at $83 per month when AvaTax is billed annually, plus a one-time $300 set-up fee.
To help you save time and expand your business, Avalara has also developed AvaTax for Midsize Enterprises. Tax computations can be automated to decrease the burden on your team. As a result, you may save even more time by outsourcing some of your return process.
You’ll need to factor in more taxes when your firm grows, as we’ve previously stated. Avalara can assist you in addressing the most typical issues you face, such as tax correctness, time-consuming operations, one transaction tax data across all channels and platforms, and an improved customer experience.
It is possible to narrow down your search for a midsize company solution depending on your specific tax situation, size of the organization, and industry type.
Avalara offers a cloud-based solution for Enterprise Businesses that works with various platforms, worldwide sales, and complicated buying procedures.
In the same way that small and medium-sized enterprises have access to tax automation, so too can Enterprise businesses. Automation is accessible for a wide range of industries and tax kinds. Retail, software, manufacturing, hospitality, and accounting are a few of the covered industries. The tax types handled include sales tax, use tax, excise tax, VAT, and levies and tariffs, to name a few.
In essence, Avalara’s AvaTax may be used to increase accuracy and lower the chance of mistakes, keep your team concentrated on tasks that will generate money, and establish a safe and automated method of routinely adjusting tax rates.
In or out of the United States
Even if your US-based company provides to customers in the United States and Canada, or anywhere else in the globe, it doesn’t really matter. Avalara’s AvaTax may be used everywhere, depending on your company’s needs.
AvaTax may be used to assign tariff codes, apply VAT and GST rates, and submit and send foreign taxes for businesses with international sales.
One reliable platform
There is a massive database of taxes, rates, and laws for over 190 countries available through the Avalara platform. Artificial intelligence can help you comply, and the 24-hour security operations center ensures the greatest level of data security.
Finally, we at Hartmann Industries would like to mention that we are an Avalara implementation partner to round up this blog post. In light of our great experience with the AvaTax sales tax administration software, we strongly recommend it for your business. We’re confident that you’ll be satisfied with what AvaTax has to offer!